Peterborough, Stratford, Toronto, & Belleville Offices – posted July 29, 2022
We are currently looking for dynamic individuals to join our team! Travel advisor positions available in all four locations (Peterborough, Belleville, Toronto and Stratford).
As a Travel Advisor, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and accurate completion of international, transborder and domestic travel arrangements. In short, helping make clients travel dreams come true!
These individuals should possess the following skills:
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must be an exceptional communicator.
- Motivated, Outgoing and Energetic.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Incredible customer service skills.
- Good administrative skills and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment independently and as part of a team.
- Strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail and problem-solving.
- High degree of self-motivation to learn and to take initiative.
- Knowledge of Apollo, Galileo Vacations and airline/wholesaler websites considered an asset.
- Computer savvy/ proficient with Microsoft outlook, word, excel, powerpoint etc.
Education and experience
- Experience working in a retail travel agency considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education in travel and tourism considered an asset.
- TICO Certification considered an asset. If you do not currently have, need to be willing to become TICO certified within 3 months of employment.
The hours of work are Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm at our office location.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by end of day August 12th.
Outside Contractor Program
If you are an Independent Contractor and are looking to join a new team, we offer a very attractive program for our Outside Contractors. We invite you to get in touch to learn more about our program. Please reach out using the ‘Send us a Message’ query at the bottom of the page on this website. Below are some of the benefits of the BST Vacations Outside Contractor Program.
Benefits of the Blowes & Stewart Travel Group Outside Contractor Program
- Simple and easy to follow.
- No fees/ no franchise fees/ no sign up fees/ no monthly support fees/ no licensing fees.
- 100% Canadian owned and operated with family values.
- Evergreen agreement.
- Exclusive benefits through memberships to CWT, Virtuoso, RBC Rewards Points redemption program.
- Best in class commissions.
- Part of the Air Canada Circle of Excellence program.
- Tiered contract with Westjet.
- RBC Rewards Program Travel Agency Partner for both awarding and instant redemption of Points.
- Back up program to enable vacation relief.
- Ticketing department.
- Client Base Management for database, Travelport booking engine, and TRAMS backend accounting
- Shared responsibility for errors based on agent split.
- Annual agent awards and recognition of top performers.
- Commission payments via direct deposit to bank account.
- Freedom to book own clients and suppliers.
- Uplift Vacation Financing – Travel now, Pay over time – payment plan for your clients’ vacations making travel more affordable.
- Exclusive Private Groups available for resale by our employees.
- Exclusive Private Chartered Flights for clients departing from the Peterborough and Barrie Airports to a variety of destinations.
- We carry both Retail and Wholesale licenses.
- Fully customizable program built to fit agency or owners’ needs (looking to retire, looking to keep your agency under our brand, etc.)
- Referral program.
- Blowes & Stewart Travel gift cards are available for purchase by your clients, and are able to be used exclusively with our agency locations.